Sunday, February 12, 2006

How to celebrate?

I have had a great weekend. I have been around great friends and doing fun things. The perfect end of a great weekend is by my team winning. And Valencia surely made the weekend perfect!

I was unable to watch the match Valencia-Barcelona, but my mind was in Mestalla with Valencia. And Valencia did not disappoint; they won, 1-0, on a goal by David Villa. He is truly being the best striker in Spain at the moment.

Some people are saying that this was good for Real Madrid, who is now only 7 points behind Barcelona... But wait! Valencia just defeated the leaders, and is only 6 points behind, ahead of Real Madrid. If anyone can catch up with Barcelona, it is Valencia, and tonight they have shown that they are the most serious threat to the Catalonians.

I don't have anyone around to celebrate with, but this is truly a reason for celebration! I am having a victory beer, and I will surely enter a week of celebrating!

No comments: